Monday, April 7, 2008

The End of the World

I have recently been informed that the world will end on December 21, 2012. Guess I'd better get some more travelling in before then.

Apparently, the Mayan calendar ends on that date, and many predict that this means the world will end. I assumed nobody would accept that a fiercely superstitious and violent culture based on myths from 3000 years ago was in possession of this knowledge. I can't help but picture the savage culture from Mel Gibson's film Apocalypto. Apparently, I was wrong. There seems to be an irresistable attraction to fear for some people. What really confuses me, is that many people of the Christian faith have also latched onto this date.

Here are my thoughts on this...

Number of apocalypses that have been predicted?: too many to count
Number of predictions that were correct?: 0
Enough said.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: