Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Evidence

Question Asked:
Is there any evidence that could make you stop believing in your god?

Details:
Even atheists admit that if one could actually show some concrete evidence, we would be compelled to believe in a god.

But do you believers admit that regardless of the amounts of concrete evidence that could be produced, you would still deny it?

Does that make the atheists more reasonable and rational in their willingness to accept evidence? It is illogical and irrational to deny concrete evidence in every other circumstance in life. Why should your religious beliefs be the exception?

Responses:


"For millenia, there have been people trying to prove or disprove the existence of God. I don't think it can be done. But keep trying, and we'll see. I can tell you right now, it won't be a fossil." (just as people have been trying for millenia to PROVE the existence of God, but have never been succesful)

"if my faith was circumstantial then yes but my faith is authentic" (And my lack of faith isn't?)


"I believe that God is...The power of love and goodness...There is lots of evidence of love - and since that's what I believe God to be - I have proof." (I believe that God is mashed potatoes and since I had them for dinner last night and they were delicious, I have proof?)

"God has made Himself known to me in ways that can't be denied ... ever." (So the answer is, "No I am not reasonable or rational"?)

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: